Hi everyone! 🙂
I recently filmed a curly hair routine video! I get a lot of questions about how I do my very curly, sometimes unmanageable, hair. Hopefully this helps anyone who is interested.
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Cream
- Miss Jesse’s Leave In Condish
- Tresemme Coconut Milk and Aloe Conditioner
I love curly hair. It is fun, wild, and it’s always easy to just wash and go. If you have curly hair, and are interested in embracing your natural tresses, I hope this video helps you.
I think the most important things to remember when caring for curly hair are:
- Moisture is key. Curly hair is naturally dry and very different from straight hair. You need to add moisture that will last throughout the day
- Less sulfates. Sulfate shampoos will dry out your hair and that means more frizz
- Less silicone. Silicone(especially the type found in cheap conditioners and products) will coat your hair and not allow moisture to get to your strands.
- Use less heat. It will damage your hair and effect your natural curl pattern. And if the heat damage gets too bad, you can’t fix it. BUT. Hair is just hair! Diversity is fun! If you want to straighten it, I say go for it. Just do it with caution. Use a heat protectant. Try to spread out how often you use heat.
Anyways I hope you enjoy the video! 🙂 Leave a comment and let me know what you think.