A Day In My Life! 


Today was a long day! I guess it wouldn’t seem like such a long day, if it weren’t sandwiched between a super long week and a expectantly busy tomorrow. It has been a crazy couple weeks and I am feeling pretty exhausted. Accomplished, but also in desperate need of an expresso. 

I woke up today after 5 hours of sleep feeling like I’d been hit by a truck. I read a few emails and texts and tried to plan out my day. At 10:30, I pulled out my planner and a notebook and hopped onto a conference call with my bands team. We discussed how things have been going, and things we have coming up in the future. It was a productive conversation. It’s always good to circle back with everyone, and make sure we are all on the same page. I tried to clean up my room while I was on the phone(I had planning supplies and paperwork and clothing everywhere) (I hardly made a dent in the current disaster that is my bedroom) 

After that conference call, was another phone call. It was another good conversation. We got off the phone around 12:00pm.  

After a quick refuel of some strong coffee, a change of clothing, and a few quick chores, I rushed to get out the house and to the post office. Lately I’ve been doing a bit of selling on eBay to raise money for products I need to get my Etsy shop up and running. I had a few packages to send out, and it took a lot longer than I expected. I took up a lot of counter space at the post office trying to package up my items. Luckily the lady who worked there was very patient with me. (I’m still trying to get the hang of things!) 
Afterwards, I sat in the parking lot and called my sister. We were supposed to go to the gym but I had to tell her we wouldn’t have the time anymore. I had wanted to get in some cardio, but my errands had taken too long! 

At 2pm, I drove to the animal shelter where I volunteer. I was trying to relax a bit, so I listened to some of my favorite music and tried to ignore the idiotic drivers who don’t know how to use a blinker. I clocked into the shelter at 2:30. I needed to get a couple of hours in, because I wasn’t able to go in for my usual session.

Playing with all the dogs and cats at the shelter is just so good for the soul. I got to hug on a energetic little Rottweiler puppy, a pit bull that seemed grumpy but was a sweetheart, 6 wk old kitten siblings, and some tiny chihuahuas with big personalities. I always have a blast at the shelter. 

I got home at about 5pm, and it then was time to hurry up and get ready to drive into downtown Los Angeles with my mom and sisters. I changed out of my volunteer uniform, fixed up my hair, and grabbed my things. In the car, I did my makeup and responded to emails. (Not driving!) 

In LA, we had a great meeting at an adorable boutique called Mi Vida. We met up with our team to plan a very special upcoming summer project. We are all very excited for this! After the meeting, we took some pictures for social media on the cool walls surrounding the place.

We left the boutique at around 8pm and went through the drive through at Chick-Fil-A. I ate chicken nuggets, because….well just because. I probably should have made a healthier choice haha. Oh well….  

I posted on our bands Facebook and Instagram pages, as well as my personal pages, in the car on the way to Glendale. 

8:30pm-We got to the Glendale Galleria so that we could meet up with family friends and a big group of my littlest 2 sisters friends. I drank about 3 cups of coffee attempting to stay awake. It hardly touched my exhaustion! It was nice to see everything though. Mimi’s best friend will be going away for a couple months, and she got to hang out with him before he left. 

It’s 1:32am currently, and we are about 15 minutes away from home. I am dog tired, but I probably won’t be when I get home! It seems to always be that way for me….I can never sleep when I finally try to! 

Tomorrow, I need to get up pretty early. I need to wash my hair. (Which hasn’t been washed in an embarrassing amount of time.) I need to pack for our trip to San Diego. We need to rehearse for our show tomorrow night. I need to try to get my nails done. I need to go to the grocery store. And then we need to leave at around 1pm for San Diego. 

It has been an insanely crazy but productive day. I am ready to hug my pets, slip into pajamas, shower, drink a little wine and get to bed. Let’s hope I actually sleep sometime before 4am today. But I’m betting against myself on that one. 

I love that there is so much to do. It means things are moving and changing, and you can’t get better without movement and change. 

Anyways, I just wanted to share a little “day in my life” with you guys. I hope you all had a good and productive day. Cheers to the weekend! 

xoxo Keiko 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s